I got there 10 minutes early... cauz that's just how I am. The lady asked me if I was there for the UK Visa, which, I of course was. Then she took me into a back room with another lady helping a Mexican man, where she gave me some hand sanatarizer. Best part ever came next: she finger printed me.
Now I know that sounds really dull... standard black ink finger tips making you look like you just escaped the local penitentiary, but folks, this is the digital age. Instead, they have a computer and a lazer reader. She cleaned my fingers off with one of those rubbing alcohol pads they give you when you're like 5 at restaurants (or if you order ribs) and took a whole hand print. Then she cleaned my right hand and the screen and did the same thing.
After that each little finger had it's own finger print made, and each one was methodically cleaned before and after. The computer analyses each fingerprint it takes to make sure it's not blurred or too faint or anything of the like.
Then comes the standard face picture, and voila! you've got your own file with homeland security! All in under 10 minutes!
So my visa application is officially in the mail heading to Chicago. Hopefully, I'll get it back by 10 Sept. (at least that's my goal). I gave my two weeks notice at work last week, so I finish with that on 6 Sept., which will give me two weeks to pack.
Until I get my visa...

you got a blog. and I didn't even notice until now. >.<
ReplyDelete:D; now you make me want to get fingerprinted. . .
yup i did... and i do recommend getting biometrics to anyone.
ReplyDelete